Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Coming to you from the Blahs!

You ever get the blahs where nothing seems to float your boat? Yep, that's me right now. I'm pretty much not excited about anything. I have so much to do but I just cannot seem to get myself in gear.

Today I started out okay. I got myself out of bed vaguely on time and got to work on time, so that was good. Then I started bustling around working on the 90+ items of technology inventory that I couldn't find or have access to when I came to the school over spring break. Sadly a lot of these teachers have no idea what they have or don't have (a lot because their classroom closets look like they are hoarders! Seriously! Open the closet and it is packed floor to ceiling with stuff!!). Anyhow about an hour into my venture I finished as much as I could in the main building and decided to go back to my office and start updating the information that I had before moving to the other buildings. That's when I realized that I didn't jingle anymore. No, I'm not trying out for the part of Mrs. Claus. I wear my school keys on a clip on my pants so they jingle when I walk. At some point in the last hour in the 20 classrooms that I'd visited, I laid my keys down. Crap. And it's not just the master keys to this school on that key ring, it's also the keys to Edwards Middle! So I retraced my steps. And retraced my steps. I went to every classroom and asked. I finally found them in the server room in the media center after I'd gone there THREE DIFFERENT TIMES!!! So nice to know that everyone in this school has to think I'm a dingbat!! And, yes, this is the school that I've locked myself out of my office five times so far this semester. I did NOT tell the custodians that I'd lost my keys!!

Anyhow, time has marched on and I need to go peek in the 5th grade and 2nd grade classrooms now that they are at lunch and at specials respectively and try to wrap up their missing inventory. Grrr...

At least it stopped pouring rain for a moment. That was actually kind of nice. I'm in my office, got my favorite 80's Big Hair Bands playing on iTunes and then I heard the rain. It was kind of calming, to be honest.

But back to work!! Blech...blahs!

No comments: