Sunday, December 9, 2007

December Days

Yesterday was Katie Cannon's wedding day. Katie and her family were our first supporters (Ken and Sandra not-withstanding) when we started at Bethel. When we went to Mom and Bill's wedding the summer after Kenny took the job with Bethel, Katie came with us to "man" the kids since Kenny and I would be busy with wedding stuff. Jo was almost 4, Meg 6, Lorie 7 and little Kenny 11. (I think that's right, I get goofy trying to figure out ages. It was the summer before preschool/1st/3rd and 5th for sure). Anyhow, the man Katie married goes to a nice sized church, and since Katie's family is in the photography business, they have bunches of people they wanted to invite. So the wedding was held at Jonathan's home church in Rutledge. Good thing too! It was standing room only!! One of my favorite parts of the wedding was watching Katie's eyes pop a bit when she came through the door into the sanctuary and saw the crowd. :)

I did the dancing thing, against my better judgement, but with the pushing and shoving of some of the teens I couldn't NOT dance. Well, wiggle embarrassingly (but not like Elaine Beniss from Seinfeld fame...well, not much like her dancing style). I was able to get Meg on the dance floor and made sure she got some laughs and fun. She didn't feel comfortable hanging with Lorie and her friends and Meg's weren't out and about. Johanna had passed out from antihistimines (that's a long story for another blog). Little Kenny and I had our first, albeit uncomfortable, dance. Kind of cracked me up.

1 comment:

lbhaney said...

Do you have pictures? I'd love to see some of the wedding (and of course if you have any of you dancing with any of your kids, that would be delightful too!).

Please pass my best wishes on!