Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Oh my aching everything








I don't know why I do it. I get these "great" ideas and sometimes, not very often, they actually come into fruition. And then I pay! And I usually pay good.

So it's Thanksgiving Break and I was determined that the Break would not be one be screen-fest where everyone spends the entire time on the computer or watching the Tube. First of all, not very "family" and secondly, everyone seems to get into a moody funk staring at a screen all day. That's not to say that tons of screen time has not been spent.



Anyhow, back to the topic at hand. Me being an achy mess. I've been talking about painting for awhile. With the exception of bedrooms and one bathroom, the major part of our learning space (kitchen, dining, family rooms and entryway) has been pumpkin colored. Well, technically it was very dirty pumpkin. So I took the bullet by the hand (don't think that's the correct phrase) and went and bought paint. I was going for a sage green (because I love those dusky, fall-y colors) for the entry and below chairrail in the dining area and then a cream for above the chairrail and kitchen. Then I was going to finally put up my piggy border in the kitchen. I'd only bought it 6-7 years ago...not that long ago as I fly. So the first day we concentrated on the green. I asked for a stepladder which none of the kids could find so I ended up cutting in the ceiling and top 1/3 of the walls on my tip-toes. (You have to be specific with my kids as there was a perfectly good ladder in the garage. My fault for not checking myself!) So now I can't move without groaning. I can sit, stand, walk, stretch, nada without a groan accompanying it.



But my entryway, dining area and kitchen look great. :) I think I'll try to con a kid into helping (read: do the bulk of the work) me paint the living room on Friday.
















No comments: