Friday, January 23, 2015

Daniel Plan TTTC...Day 3 and Day 4


The turkey meatloaf on day 2 was not bad. Forgot when I menu planned about the bread I usually put in meatloaf. So I guess technically I actually made flavored meat and not meatloaf. We made broccoli and cauliflower as sides. Meg and I took a quick 1-mile walk in the neighborhood. Go us.

Day 3

Thursday I stayed in bed 15 minutes longer than I should have and paid greatly for that poor choice. Dinner yesterday beef stew (I'm used the purple potatoes...nothing like spooning up gray potatoes!!!) that I put in the crockpot since it was Daniel Plan night and I wanted to workout after work. The girls had also had about enough with the breakfast smoothies so I’d told them I'd make eggs and bacon. I put the turkey bacon in the oven while I started chopping vegetables. So there I am in the kitchen, checking out the clock, chopping vegetables, keeping one eye on the turkey bacon in the oven and realizing that I still need to pack my gym clothes AND my lunch and that there is no time to make eggs. I'm about to start in on a MAJOR pity party when Meg stumbled into the kitchen and said, "Bacon!" grabbed a piece and then stumbled into the bathroom. Johanna then popped around the corner with a surprised look on her face and said, "Mom! You made bacon! How sweet!" ... so I started giggling and instantly my attitude totally changed. I still had to pack my gym clothes and my lunch but then I was doing it with a chuckle. I let the girls know that I didn't have time for eggs, grab a banana for my breakfast and out the door I went.

Surprisingly, after I ate my banana and a handful of almonds I wasn’t hungry until almost 1 pm! I had a wonky moment with my salad at lunch when a piece of lettuce got caught on the edge of my bowl and when it sprung free, it splurted a drop of balsamic vinaigrette into my eye! Not pleasant!

I did bring my clothes with me but once I found out Meg was going to go home, I chose to instead of working out, going to the church and doing some much needed cleaning and organizing of the SKC room.

The second session for the Daniel Plan group study went well. Thirteen of us plus Johanna and Gloria in the other room. Lots of laughs and sharing, which I love. I know I need to work on eating according to the Daniel Plate and I need to be more determined at carrying out my exercise plan.

 

Day 3

Breakfast: banana

Mid-morning snack: almonds

Lunch: mixed green salad with grilled chicken, sunflower seeds and homemade balsamic vinaigrette

Dinner: Beef stew

 

Day 4

Breakfast: Smoothie (1/2 cup water blended with big handful of kale and spinach, scoop of protein powder, cup of raspberries/strawberries/blueberries/blackberries, banana, almond milk)

Lunch: Beef stew

Dinner: Dr. Hyman’s Walnut-Basil Pesto Chicken. Not sure about the veggies. Zucchini or asparagus.

No comments: