Saturday, May 16, 2009

Shall we dance?


My baby is growing up so fast! Lorie is at her school's 8th grade dance. (Kenny wasn't interested in attending when he was in 8th grade.) This is our family's first "major" dance. We went out and got a new dress. (We'd just finished getting the shoes when I got the call about little Kenny's accident.)  I'm just about to go pick her up. We stopped by the ballfield so that big Kenny could see her before she left, so she got to see some of her ball friends that don't go to her school. I know she felt beautiful. I was so proud of her when I dropped her off...especially after seeing some of the stripper shoes and taa-taas on display from some of the other young ladies being dropped off. When we got the dress she said she felt like Cinderella. Awww...she's definitely a keeper.

2 comments:

KathyBell said...

She sure is a lovely young lady. She is really beautiful...You and she should be very proud.
Now... did she have a good time.

lbhaney said...

Lorie looks so pretty! I love the dress -- especially the skirt! Hugs!