Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cold night in Georgia

Last night was cold here in Georgia. Slushy stuff (can't call it "snow"...more like snowy dandruff?) fell from the sky all day, so not only was it cold, but it was wet. That's calls for Beef Stew or Chili in my book. Since I was especially hankering for some veggies, beef stew it was! Since all school events were canceled (ice is a concern on Georgia roads since both Georgia drivers and the DOT aren't set up to handle it), I got the stew going on the stove and then we all huddled in my bedroom with the door shut and the mini-heater going. Nights like these mean that our ban on kids watching television during the week is lifted so the tube on and we watched the news. But eventually American Idol came on with the top 10 guys. I can't say that any performance really caught my ear, but I can say that the neck tattoos caught my eye! Seriously, this year's crop of men have some serious tattage going on! Doesn't that hurt?! I mean more than getting a tattoo in a "normal" spot. And one of the dudes neck tat was in color! Oooooooooo.

Course then my mind had to continue on the normal progession and it occurred to me that neck skin also tends to show age pretty quickly and that really neat name scripted in ink will slowly, but surely, stretch. But then I thought, hmmm...just makes it big print for all his aging buds! But the picture tatoos? Some things just don't need to be stretched is all I'm saying.

No comments: