Sunday, June 27, 2010

Life as we know it...

Some days it feels like this is all there is...it's as good as it's gonna get, so deal with it! Then you get an eye opener. Mandy Young came and spoke to our Sunday school class. She has a rare disease...so rare, she's the only one in the world with it...that affects her immune system. She's been in comas, had seizures, and had one of her legs amputated. But there she was standing in front of our class with a huge smile on her face talking about all these incredible things that and ONE would have laid me out. I came home and looked up her website (www.mandyyoung.com) and read her mother's perspective and it made me think of Kelli Hopkins. I met her when we attended Eastridge and I've kept in touch with her via Facebook and her blog. It reminded me of how incredibly blessed I am. I have five healthy children and a husband who loves me despite all my flaws. I wish I could remember that before I start my whinies...

No comments: