Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Daniel Plan...day 40

Well, I'm a bit embarrassed. This didn't go as planned, that's for sure. I ended up only losing 8lbs. I know that this program could have really made some changes in me and how I view food and exercise, but, if I'm being honest, didn't give it the chance it deserved.

The food part I think I came to an understanding with. I understand so much better the absolute yuck that I was putting in my body on a daily (and sometimes, hourly) basis so if I look at it in that light, it was truly worth it.

It also gave Meg and I something to work on together, so that was a good thing, too.

However, our small group study bombed. We are too busy. We only met two times in the past 6 weeks because of how busy we all are. Meg and I tried to continue it, but that was kind of hard. I could have pushed the situation (and probably should have since I'm the parent) but I didn't want her to resent the Bible study.

I did have the journal but only filled it out one time, I think.

And exercise. Hmmm... I can't really say anything because I'm not. Exercising, I mean.

Today is not a good day to actually be review this because I'm already battle some depression that comes with a visit from Aunt Flo. Add in a situation where I feel mentally and spiritually beat up and some being under the weather physically because of the heavy pollen count and you have one majorly grumpy, whiney, ready-to-cry-at-any-moment Tracy.

I'm going to step back, review what I did right and what I could have done better and then look at my calendar and pencil in a time to try this again. Maybe this time I'll join a Facebook or online group. I don't know. Maybe I'll just not do anything.

See? Whiney-butt!

No comments: