Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The day I almost safety pinned my keister

So I have this pair of pants where the button has fallen off and in its place I have a safety pin. I know I should either fix the button or I shouldn’t wear the pants. However, this girl doesn't sew much and it’s hard to find pants that fit. That combination tells you why I wear the pants the way I do. Now, I tried wearing them as is and found out the hard way that the zipper keeps falling down without something at the top providing closure. Hence the safety pin.

My normal “bathroom routine” with these pants is where I ran into my problem. I usually unclip the safety pin and leave it open but still attached to the pants. I’m usually really careful to keep half an eye on the pin so I don’t accidentally scratch the snot out of my leg. Today…well, I wasn’t so careful.

Today after I took care of business and was putting myself back together…no pin. I looked around on the ground but didn’t see it. I started to carry on with my day and just figured I’d have to be extra cautious about my zipper when it dawned on me. The zipper came into the stall with me. It’s not on the floor. That means that there is an opened safety pin pulled up inside my pants. Well, THAT can’t end up well!

I dropped drawer again and gave everything a good shake. I then heard the “clink” of metal hitting the floor and there was my safety pin.

I can’t believe I almost safety pinned my keister!

No comments: