Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Graduated!

She did it! My Lorie-loo graduated high school last Thursday. And, as always, she did it with style. She has a 4.25 weighted gpa which made her 3rd in her class (our county does some weird weight thing for the dual enrollment kids that everyone thinks is unfair and the county has changed...but the change goes into effect NEXT year!). As Secretary of her class and one of the ones who actually did stuff, she got asked to give the inspiration speech at graduation (and gave a speech at the Baccalaureate Service). As per usual, the residents of Rockdale County showed their tackiness and lack of manners and decorum and either screeched like banshees whenever anyone they knew's name was either announced or when they walked past to get back to their seat...or they decided to have a loud discussion about their lives because their graduate either had been announced or wasn't announced yet. Either way...it meant that I didn't even get to hear my kid's name announced because of the ridiculous behavior of others. It's not going to get better...I suggest that Rockdale invest in a super p.a. system that blasts so that all names are blared louder than anyone could possibly talk.

But that's just my opinion.

My girl getting her diploma. What a smile!
Mom got here on Wednesday. Dad & Susan got here on Thursday. We all met up at the house and drove to the school. It was plenty hot but a lovely breeze. That lovely breeze ended up blowing pretty hard so it made noise on the mic and Lorie's hat blew off during her speech. But it wasn't a sweatbath like Kenny3's graduation two years ago!

The sisters blew into town on Friday night. We did Lorie's family party on Saturday. Dad & Susan and the Jehns went home early Sunday. Mom and the Haneys stayed for church and I got to see them as I popped in to do Promotion Sunday and watch the graduate video and then for a couple minutes at the graduate reception after church.

Meg left with Mom to spend the month in Olean. I hope the time away is good for her.

Good heavens. I have to go to work tomorrow morning and see what I can pull together that the other secretaries have been working on since school ended. Should be interesting. Also gotta get myself in gear and stop making random plans for CM and actually do something!

No comments: