Friday, May 10, 2013

My first Biker Week

Yep, you read that correctly. Yours truly went to Panama City Beach for Biker Week. Okay, so that's a bit of a stretch...we were there Friday and Saturday (traveled Thursday and Sunday) so technically it was my first Biker Weekend.

I don't know what I was expecting. Not much. And that's what I got. But mostly because it was rainy on Friday. We checked into what must have been the cheapest motel on the strip. Our room smelled like mildew and could only be accessed through the back of the motel through a glass sliding door. "Security" was a bitty lock. No maid service...if you wanted clean towels, you had to exchange the dirty ones between 10 am and 12:30 pm. So hanging out in the room during the storms? Not really my cup of tea. Since it was rainy, that let out the pool, jacuzzi (not that I would have put a toe in that motel's jacuzzi) and beach were out. But there was a lovely theatre nearby and IronMan 3 had opened that day, so that's where we went. Eating out was interesting since we had a group of 9. Almost always a wait because everywhere was already packed and a group of 9 doesn't get seated easily.

Saturday there was rain in the morning but the afternoon was sunny and bright. We hit Thunder Beach and got to see some "sights."

I don't understand what prompts any female to dress provocatively in public. Maybe they really love showing off their bodies. Maybe they don't really fully "appreciate" how ridiculous they look stuffing (or unstuffing, as the case may be) their bodies in to skimpy, skintight or non-age-appropriate get-ups. Maybe they think that they have to look skanky since it's Biker Week. Maybe they just wanna get laid. I don't know. But only having a couple hours of sun, apparently I didn't get to fully enjoy the sights of Biker Week. And with the weather, the normal sitting on the side of the road looking at the bikes go by like they are on parade didn't happen. At least for me.

But there's always next year. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to that...especially since our group is supposed to get larger which will make traveling and dining that much more hard. But I love the friends that we go with and next year we'll add a baby to the mix, so there will definitely be something to look forward to.

No comments: