Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Job woes

I work in a public school. We are always having budget problems and they do affect me because I have children so they not having updated technology and resources does affect me. But now...it really affects me because it may be my job on the line.

My "official" positon, and what they pay me for, is INTEL/Instructional Technology Liaison. Fancy name for the computer grunt. I also do data entry since I know the student information system, SchoolMax. Next year we are moving to a different sis, InfiniteCampus, and I have had hours and hours of training on it. Step in the superintendent with the recommendation for the budget, which is  19 million dollars short of what we need. My position will see a reduction-in-force. They will change from having 20 INTELS systemwide at each school to 10. We'll share a school. Guess who is last hired? Yep! I do have 3 years total at being an INTEL and 8 years total with the county so hopefully that will work in my favor.

Add to that, my principal saw me in the hall the other day and pulled me aside to tell me about the r.i.f (he's on the budget committee) and he said that he would find something for because he couldn't not have me here because of the I.C. training and he didn't want to share an INTEL with another school. Fast forward a couple days and we are having our last faculty meeting. I'm watching the clock because I'm supposed to be delivering something to the middle school and time is of the essence. He says he's wrapping the meeting up and then delivers the bombshell...he's leaving. He's going to explore other avenues. I'm not sure what that means for me since a new principal doesn't have to honor the choices the former principal makes regarding classified employees as we aren't under contract.

So now I wait. Pretend everything's okay. And wait.

Geez.....

No comments: