Friday, August 30, 2013

The blahs


You ever feel like you are in the middle of the blah and can’t get out? Yep, me too. In fact, I am Mayor of Blah-town right now. The problem is, I know I shouldn’t be! I have a loving husband, cool kids, a job, a second job, stuff that interests me, cute dogs, and wonderful friends. So why do I feel so blah? The answer is, “I don’t know.” And that scares me a bit. Cuz if I don’t know how I got here…how am I going to get myself out?

I decided to take a break from T.V. because I knew I was wasting a considerable amount of time there. I think I need to take a break from books, too, and read my Bible. I try to read a little every day, but I think I need to do more than that. I think I need to keep at it until I get it read through. I’ve got a small Bible that I bought to keep at my desk at church. I think I may use that as my highlighter Bible. I’d like to highlight verse that have to do with parenting and, of course, verses that just hit my heart.

There was a verse in 2 Samuel that got me…2 Samuel 22:29, “O Lord you are my lamp. The Lord lights up my darkness.” Isn’t that beautiful? I just sit back and smile when that bounces around my head. Probably because I feel so dark, so blah, all the time. He lights up my darkness. He continually does things that make me smile.
Lovely

No comments: