Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Good heavens... 10 minutes...REALLY?!

Okay, so I made an appointment for the girls to get their second Gardisil shot over Fall Break but then something happened that is going to make it really hard to get the girls there (not gonna tell, it's a secret. Okay so I know no one actually reads this, but on the really, really small chance that someone should stumble across it, or remember that I have a blog and come over and read it, it would spoil everything and then I would feel BAD). Anyhow, so I've been putting off calling the doctor. Well, no, that's not true. I did call early last week but managed to get in the last 5 minutes of their hour and half lunch time. And then for the next few times I remembered that I needed to call, it was either 7:30 in the morning (too early) or that in that same hour and a half lunch time. I'm home today feeling yucky (again...stayed home yesterday and slept most of the day. Hate that I still feel like I need tons of sleep) and thought, Self! Made the stupid call already. So I traipsed out to the car to get my calendar and came back inside and made the call. As soon as the receptionist heard I wanted to change an appointment, I got put on hold. For 10 Minutes! Yes, I should have hung up after 5, well, maybe 3, but I'm that kind of person. I'd rather hang on for a freakishly long time and gripe about it then do the sensible thing. Gah. Anyhow, after 10 minutes I finally hung up and immediately called back. This time when I said I wanted to change an appointment, they changed it right then. I felt like asking if they needed to get to the person that was on hold waiting to change their appointment. But I didn't. Because that would have been petty. And stupid.

10 minutes...I'm still a little stunned about waiting that long. See what Marching Band practice going late Every Single Day does to a person? It makes waiting on the phone for 10 minutes seem like nothing! I'm scarred for life! Okay, no, I'm not. I just a weinie who whines. Great. I'm a whiney weinie. That's not happy. Shoot. I'd like to say I need to change that, but that would just be a lie. And being a lying whiney weinie? That would just about take the cake. Oooo, cake. I could go for a piece of cake.

No comments: