Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pink Waiting


I’ve got a decision to make about a 5mm spot in my right breast. I’m trying to not think about it (aka “worry”) until I talk to my doctor and get her opinion, but with it being October/Breast Cancer Awareness month, I’m having a really hard time. Everywhere you look you see pink. So every time my eye hits a pink ribbon or pink shirt, I think “breast cancer” and that leads me to my own personal issue. I know what the radiologist said, he’s pretty sure that it’s nothing to worry about and that’s what I’m taking away from this. But at the same time, as the radiologist kept saying, “It’s not 0% that it’s breast cancer.” Thanks, dude. I’m a little concerned that I haven’t heard yet from the doctor. They called on Wednesday to schedule the follow-up mammography that I had already done the day before. On Thursday the hospital called to schedule a biopsy that I hadn’t discussed with my doctor. So it’s been 6 days since my followup mammography and I’m ready to know what to do already.

 

Waiting sucks. It sucks more surrounded by pink.

No comments: