Thursday, January 18, 2007

4th day of the rest of this blog

So the whole icy road thing turned out to be a bunch of hooey. Four people did actually call asking if schools were open. I was a bit snotty and said that the TV and radio stations had not announced that schools were closed, so we were open for business. My co-worker just told them that schools were open. It just irritates me that in the time it took them to call the school and sit through the opening schpiel, they could have turned on the tube and found out for themselves without bothering me!

My co-worker had to take off halfway through the day and it was like all heck broke loose. It wasn't obnoxious people, but just one after another with questions and weird stuff. I was glad to turn my computer off and go. Course, there was no "home" to add to the "go" because Meg got her braces off and then had clogging. I did luck out because the way time fell I swung by the older kids music lesson place so Meg could show off for Big Kenny and Johanna opted to stay with him. That meant that instead of running errands with Jo (whining) in tow while Meg had her 1.5 hr.lesson, I got to do it all by myself. Nothing like trying on pants with a 7 year old providing commentary! It was nice to have time to myself.

1 comment:

lbhaney said...

Glad to hear that the icy roads didn't cause any real problems, but sorry to hear that it added another level of 'ugh' to your day. I can tell from the looks on their faces that the ladies in our front office are often 'this close' to shouting "READ the racken-fracken HANDBOOK" or whatever resource has been created specifically for the purpose. I do have to say I like the fact that I can get (or give) most of the information I need without having to talk to someone...from reporting Peter's absence to signing in and out as a visitor!

Congrats on Meg's teeth. Post a picture when you get a chance. Also congrats on getting a child free shopping trip. Mine aren't yet into providing fashion commentary, but they are both into crawling under doors and playing tag in inappropriate places.