Thursday, March 28, 2013

Victim or bad choice maker?

So I'm going to rant. Because I can. I'm tired. I'm overweight and I have a stye-booger (okay, that's a little dramatic, it's a scab from all the stye-mess. But it feels like a booger and it's my blog.).  I'm also waiting on a laptop to finish a diagnostic test so I can't really walk away from my desk.

I admit it...I love to play the victim. I have been a frequent guest on the Why Me? show in this game of life. I have blamed other people for my own mistakes and I have talked badly about people who piss me off. But I realize when I'm doing it that I am in the wrong. In my heart of hearts, I know I'm being a complete idiot with major immature tendancies. But this is about those who habitually make poor decisions and then when the consequences arise...whine, fuss, fume and blame others for how "hurt" they are and how "bad" their life is and how they "don't deserve it."

Here's some tough love. When you choose to hang out with selfish people who only care about you for what you will supply for them. When you choose to do drugs and drink alcohol and walk around in a drunken/high stupor. When you choose to have reckless sex. When you choose to spend money on drugs and stupid things instead of your bills. When you choose to talk badly about people who have gone out of their way to support you emotionally, physically, spiritually, and financially. When you lie, cheat and steal? You don't get to play the victim card when life happens. Sorry. Also, when you make all the above choices? You don't get to wallow in the "I always get hurt" pond. You get hurt because you make stupid decisions.

Don't like the consequences? Don't make that choice! Don't like what I'm saying? Tough! I don't always like having to deal with the consequences of my decisions, either. But if you are gonna decide you are old enough to make the kind of choices that you are making? You better man up (or woman up) and deal with your life instead of blaming it on everyone else.

Listen. I know life is hard. It isn't always fair. Sometimes it downright sucks. Sometimes even if you make every perfect decision there is, life bites. Those people that say, "attitude is everything" are right (dang it). It really all boils down to that.

No comments: