Monday, April 22, 2013

And so it starts...

I really don't know why I'm surprised every year at this point. I mean, it happens EVERY YEAR! The inevitable "everyone cram as much as they can in to a small window of time" that happens before Christmas break and summer break.

Last week the ice was broken, so to speak, with Lorie's Work-Based Learning Awards Night. But that was Tuesday and I got to have a bit of breathing room. But this week? Monday is the Superintendent's Awards Program, tomorrow is the incoming student/parent meeting for marching band (and you'd think with Jo being the 4th to go through the program I could get out of it, right? Oh no! Jo gets to "meet" other new band members. So we'll go...humph!), Wednesday is church, Thursday I have a luncheon awards program for Lorie with the Rotary Club and Lorie and Meg have their Rockdale Career Academy Honors Night (AND, Dayannah comes home), Friday is Meg's Drum Major audition. Add in Tuesday and Thursday band practices for Lorie and Meg in preparation for some pep rally? And you can stick a fork in me...I'm done! And that's just one week. My May calendar is looking really full and about to get fuller, so I'm told, with some changes that may be coming my way.

Breath in, breath out. Cling to Dr. Pepper. And above all, just keep swimming!

No comments: