Monday, April 8, 2013

Eating for two...

No. I am not pregnant. But my friend is. And she glows around food. Honestly! She tends to glow in general because she's just one of those good-hearted, genuine people. But add pregnancy and the glow wattage ups about 50%. Add food to the mix? And you could probably see her in complete darkness!

This last week was Spring Break. My goal was to 1) stop drinking soda, 2) start exercising, and 3) make better food choices. I did not accomplish a single one of those goals. Darn it. But this weekend? Oh my...I think I may have hit a new number on the scale. I'm already heavier than I've ever been (including day before giving birth weights) so you would think that going not once, not twice, but out to eat for dinner three times in a row might ding something in my head. But no. I did okay the first time we went out...but that was because I had a stomachache. I still managed to put away a dish consisting of two crepes, fruit, yogurt and granola. The next night I was HUNGRY! A BLT was calling my name but all they had was a double BLT. Which I ordered. And ate. One of the other diners in our group had ordered a banana/caramel pancake creation that look really nummy. Wouldn't you know the waitress carried one over to our table. It had been sent out to the floor accidentally and the table that they tried to deliver it to didn't want it. So it ended up in front of me. And I ate it. Every single bite. I did offer it to the others, but they somehow handled temptation. MMmmm, it was gooood. So the next night I'm already home and have made dinner when Kenny calls and says the group is going out. So I pop in the car and head out. I managed to eat almost an entire order of Skillet Queso at Chili's by myself. Then I ate about half my Big Mouth Bites. Talk about roll out the barrel!

I'm back on the wagon, though. I had a protein bar and an Ensure Clear Nutritional Drink for breakfast. Got me 18 g of protein and almost 500 calories (eek!). I brought a Lean Cuisine meal for lunch and have drank 32 oz of water. About to go fill up my water bottle and get my lunch cooking. Hope I can stay away from the vending machine!

I refuse to end up looking as large as my friend will. Because she? Will pop out a baby and soon be back to her pre-pregnancy weight. Me? Not so much!

No comments: