Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I really am sick!

I dragged myself to the Take-Care Clinic after dropping Jo off at school after an emergency trip to the orthodontist this morning (which turned out not to be an emergency since the rubber band that fell off her bracket wasn't exactly necessary with the other piece of equipment on that bracket). I had to take a half-day of sick leave so didn't need to be at school until 11 so I looked up the wait time and saw "No Wait" and ran my rear end over there. An hour later I was leaving the pharmacy portion of the store with a diagnosis of Sinusitis and scripts for antibiotics, steroids, and cough. The nurse-practitioner told me to take Allegra for my dripping nose...which does NO good...and sent me on my way. I'm not coughing nearly so badly and like the thought of taking one small pill to manage my coughing instead of a nasty liquid cough syrup. Although, truth be told, I kinda like the codeine cough syrup they usually prescribe...hee hee hee.

Tonight is the high school's honor night. Meg screwed up second semester so won't get any awards but hopefully Lorie will come away with another scholarship.

I just hope my nose finally stops up so I don't gross everyone out.

No comments: