Thursday, April 25, 2013

I get by with a little help from my friends...

Today is a day. Not a good day. Just a day. My sinuses are announcing the impending arrival of rain and no amount of sinus medication, Advil, Tylenol or caffeine seems to slow the pound. We are dealing with a lot of emotion in our house as the older three make plans for next year. And we are dealing with a lot of stress brought on by some changes at the church which add to Kenny's and my workload.

But it's not a bad day! I had to proctor in a 4th grade classroom for the last day of standardized testing which is boring, at best, but not taxing. Then shortly after I returned to my office, I logged out for a luncheon put on by the Rotary Club honoring the recipients of the Outstanding Student awards for the county. Lunch made by people who enjoy (and know how to) cooking and cleaned up by someone other than me? Yes, please! Lorie was honored as the Outstanding Student for Music (Ha!) We had to sit through 35 mostly unprepared 1-2 min biographies by each of the recipients...but that's okay. I got back to school before they locked up for dismissal. Then I got a surprise. Flowers, chocolates, and a card. One of my buddies knew our family was stressed out and stopped by with them to cheer me up. Can you believe that? My friend, Bonnie, really is one of the most giving people I know. I'm so honored to call her, 'friend.' (Plus, she knows how to force my hair into submission...she's my hairstyist. We like to call her the Hair Whisperer).

Fuzzy, but still appreciated!


So the good, the bad, and the ugly all get wrapped up together and become a "day."

Well, joy, I just got an email from Meg. She stayed home yesterday because had the yucky cough, was exhausted and, frankly, needed a day to sleep. She had to miss a retake on her test and rescheduled it for today...but she needs a pass to go take the test and the teacher won't email her back an email pass.

I just got super tired.

No comments: