Friday, February 6, 2009

Ah, the weekend

All day long the mantra has been, "I love Friday. The day just gets better every minute!"

Today was a weird day. I spoke with the Employment Manager yesterday about my job position change since my reviews have all been good and was told that the principal could do anything she wanted. Today Kenny spoke with our lawyer and he said, "Since she's not in the union, there's nothing we can do." Um, Georgia is a right to work state so the union has no say. I did find out today that the change won't happen until next year instead of in a month. There's a lady from the County's Technology department that is a whiz and a half who will come in 2-3 days a week to clean up the helpdesk problems so I'm going to start walking around with her and training for the new job and the lady who will take over my position will be coming up on Fridays and whenever she has some free time to learn my job so maybe next year won't be such a slap in the face for her.

1 comment:

lbhaney said...

Sounds like you've found a reasonably happy place about this - certainly being able to train with a whiz AND later be able to deal with issues on a more reasonable time frame sound like positives!

Man - you are going to make Wayne and I look so bad on the QEII next year...;) Can't wait to see the Rumba!

OOHHH OHHH OHHH - you must watch Strictly Ballroom if you haven't already. It is very cute - just hold on through the quirky Australian opening.