Thursday, February 19, 2009

Eye exams


I've needed to get Johanna and Lorie's eyes checked for awhile now. I kept putting it off and putting it off because of money and time issues but finally got a jump on the calendar and scheduled them for Winter Break.

I wish I could have read the thoughts of the optician because Johanna was ON! The way she was talking reminded me of game show contestants from the 70's and 80's..."I'd like to buy an E for $300, Jim" in that overly-loud, overly enunciated way they talk. So funny. "That's an H, then an I, then either a G or an O, then a T. Wait let me go back to the G-slash-O and I'm going to say it's a G." She also read the letters from right to left, which threw us all for a bit. Add into it all that with the thing you look through in front of her face, she was stylin' a little like Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars I getting ready for a Pod race, and you can understand why Lorie and I giggled our way through Jo's exam.

The glasses should be ready Monday. I'll post pictures after we pick them up.

2 comments:

KathyBell said...

Does that mean everyone in the family has glasses? That sure can hurt a pocketbook !!!!
I guess I was lucky - I didn't get my glasses till I was 15 and have grown out of them at my advanced age.... there is hope.

Tracy said...

Yep. All four kids are now in glasses/contacts. Depending on how much it costs and where we are financially (you never know...we MAY win the lottery), little Kenny may get LASIKs for his high school grad. present.

Luckily with my new insurance we only had to pay $95 of the $495 it cost to do the exams and order the glasses. Each kid had a $200 dealie! Between that and little Kenny's allergy shots being totally covered (no co-pay even!), I'm wishing we'd selected United in the first place instead of BCBS!