Monday, December 30, 2013

12 Days of Christmas

I don't really get it. And I think that's okay. I hope it's okay with others. But from the comments I read on someone's organizing FB page, I'm thinking, probably not. So, we have the 12 days of Christmas, which, to me, is a song that I get mixed up all the time. For others, it's how they celebrate (and from the tone of their comments, it's how ALL should celebrate).

So, backstory. While I've been sick I've looked around and found some different organizing sites that appealed to me. Today while scooting around www.organizingmadefun.com I wandered on to her FB page and there was a picture of neatly stacked totes with the caption. "Done. Are you?" Now a good chunk of people either said, no, or mentioned that they don't take down their decorations until after New Year's or Epiphany but there were a couple who were outright nasty! One said something really snotty that implied that THEY were more family oriented because they left their Christmas crap up until Jan 6th and that the FB author was a show-off and not as "good" as they were because she'd gotten her Christmas decorations pulled down. I was shocked! Seriously! I know that there are people who forget the old adage "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" (which, if you've read any of my posts is kinda ME to a T, but I'd never get snotty on someone else's FB page or blog, geez!)  or the fact that they don't HAVE to say something if they don't agree with her. It's not like her salvation is in jeopardy because she *gasp* took her Christmas decorations down on Dec 27th! Aren't there other things to get hyped up about?

By the way, it's December 30th and my Christmas decorations are down, toted up (thanks to Meg) AND (thanks to Kenny3) stored in the garage attic! My house feels so open and, well, homey! I'm kinda in the mood to clean out a couple cabinets! Wait, what?! Did I say that?!

No comments: