Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Hello, Mr. Sun!


I saw the sun today! I know that doesn’t seem like a big deal but it has been so very dreary, gray, and rainy the last week. Oh, and cold. Cold and wet. Today started out that way but by the time I got out of school the sun was shining. It was still cold. But, joy, the sun was shining. I think they are calling for rain this weekend again so I am hoping to enjoy the couple days of sunshine coming.

Tomorrow is Kenny’s work’s Christmas luncheon so I’ll go in early to put in my half day and then have the rest of the day free. I believe I’ll spend it getting dog food and getting the oil changed in the car. Woo-hoo, do I know how to have fun or what? Thursday and Friday are going to be devoted to getting ready for my one and only final (OT Survey).

I can’t believe that not only am I actually taking college courses (finally) but that I’ve just finished my first semester. I took 2 courses this semester and will take 3 next semester. Fingers crossed!

The kids and Kenny have been so encouraging. I imagine the novelty will wear off…for all of us. But now that I have Physical Science out of the way, I think all the rest of the courses are either Bible or related to my major (Biblical counseling).

But for right now? I’m enjoying being spoiled a bit as Megs makes dinner (dessert is turtle brownies a la mode!) and I sit on the couch feeling slightly queasy. I’m hoping it’s the Son of Baconator combo that I ate for lunch and not the stomach virus that seems to be going around. Jo stayed home today because of chucking first thing this morning. She’s still feeling a bit off but no other stomach (either end) issues so it may have just been snot-on-stomach that caused the problem.

No comments: