Saturday, December 14, 2013

Rainy Saturday

This day had such possibilities! Even though it's rainy and gray and kinda dismal. Hubby took the dogs on out their early morning walk so I got to stay snuggly and toasty warm in the bed. Then there was some morning cuddles with the fur-babies. Barring the doggy breath and doggy stink, it's a sweet time. I tried to roll over and go back to sleep but all I could do was think of all the things I needed to do. So ya know what I did? I actually got up, took a shower and got ready for the day! I put some cinnamon rolls in the oven, did some laundry and started working on some of the multitude I needed to get done today. I was getting nice and organized when it was time to get Jo and Claire and head out for their All-State Band Auditions. Claire had an 11:04 audition and Jo an 11:10 so I had suggested that Claire spend the night last night and I take them both. I'm known for being tardy so I really wanted to get there on time. We were actually way early so we stopped at Subway for breakfast (highly recommend their breakfast wraps, by the way) and then we were off. Unfortunately, this ran just like every other musical venture I've had to deal with (with the exception of the school's Prism concert which runs like clockwork every year) and everything was running late. Jo didn't get into the audition room until 12:50! By the time we got out of there we were exhausted and not really up to taking care of all the things that needed to be done. I'm not in my "zone" any longer and am taking up way too much time whining about people who have no time management skills always in charge of my time.

But I've made myself revise and edit the schedule and get my mind back in the game. I'm back on track and ready to rumble. At least I was until I realized that it was after 6 p.m. and I hadn't even thought about dinner. Dang it.

No comments: