Tuesday, December 17, 2013

I'm seeing spots!


About 8-10 years ago (give or take) I noticed that my years of being a Florida girl and baking in the sun (and, unfortunately, putting my face too close to a sunlamp my mom had and frying my face more than once) has taken its toll on my skin. I have these “lovely” dark spots and yucky looking skin that bothers me a bit. Just a bit. Not enough to actually spend a lot of time or money on it, just enough to get irritated that drugstore foundation isn’t good enough quality to even out my skin tone. But the other night I saw a commercial for a mask from Garnier that is supposed to help with dark spots and evening out skin tone.
I looked for it at Wally World the next time I was there (and remembered the commercial, so it was probably 4-5 Wally World trips…meaning maybe 2 weeks from the time I saw the commercial). When I got home and checked it out, it wasn’t a mask like I know, where you put slimey stuff on your skin and then wash it off. It was an actual mask that you unfolded and put on your face! It has eye, nose and mouth holes. The model on the box showed that it fits you like a glove…if you put a glove on your face. So, anyway, I finally got around to doing my mask on Sunday night. I washed and dried my face like the package said and then opened the mask packet and unfolded it and applied it to my face. I didn’t end up looking like the model. I ended up looking like something from a film showing people who had had surgery on their faces. It just didn’t “fit”. I tried yanking on it, stretching it, manipulating it any way I could think of and then finally just left it alone and sat down for the needed 10 minutes. While I was waiting for the mask to work its magic, I did a search on Google for reviews on this product and ran across on that raved about cloth masks and how wonderful they were and this way. She claimed that she was able to stretch and manipulate the mask so it fit on her face nicely. What?! I still don’t get it.
 
The end result was that while I didn’t notice instant brightening, like the box claimed, I will do it two more times this week and twice next week (there’s a total of 5 masks in the box) because I'm too cheap not to use it now that I've opened the box.  I did notice that my skin was very soft, the jury is out on if it will help the dark spots. But the look on my son’s face when he came into my room while I was ‘masking’ was totally worth all the trouble!

No comments: