Monday, March 24, 2014

Daniel Plan...day 24

First of all, don't freak out. I know in my other Daniel Plan posts I've listed what I've ate. However, it's been 11 days since my last DP post and I wouldn't have the foggiest on what I ate for the last week and a half.

We're getting to the part where this has all gotten a bit old. I've learned some good lessons about the junk I chose to "nourish" my body with in the past and, hopefully,  have established some better habits. But I'm ready to eat like a normal person again. And, I gotta say it, NO, my tastebuds did NOT change in a week, two weeks or even three weeks. I don't crave sweets or chips or fries or fatty food. But if I want to have a burger and fries, then, doggone it, I want to have a burger and fries and not sit with a salad in front of me acting like it's the best thing I've had in my life.

Yes, since you've asked, I'm a little bitter about this. I counted on my body kicking in and my tastebuds doing their job. I counted on my body reacting to the healthy food I'm eating by shedding the extra fat and leaving me feeling healthy and happy. But if I'm going to continue to not sleep, not lose weight and feel like a slug? Then give me some Zaxby's French fries, STAT!

I've still only lost 5 or so pounds. I started at 185.4 ( I think...it may have been 185.6 or even 185.2) and I jump around from 180 to 178.4. So depressing. Oh, and I had an episode with some pressure in my heart area that we kinda figured was either gas or stress. So I'm walking around burping for all I'm worth and trying to figure out how to de-stress my life a bit. Can't quit the jobs, can't stop being a mom, can't get Dayannah to get a clue, can't stop being a wife, can't stop people from wanting me to do stuff... I wanted to join back up at Body Tech, but who has the time? If I can't find the time to take a walk in the neighborhood, then how am I going to find time to go to the gym? Really! REALLY!!

I guess the best thing to do is to work on my inner dialogue because, frankly, looking back at what I just wrote is not only depressing but horribly whiney, too. I also need to make friends with my calendar a bit more. I know if I can stop procrastinating and use my calendar to better plan my time and to help me keep track of stuff, that I'll not be such a whack-job!

Hopefully, better things are coming if I can just get myself together and stop trying to "wing it."

No comments: