Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Daniel Plan...Day 5

Last night I went to my daughters’ high school band concerts. As with every other staged performance I’ve ever gone to within the school system, again I was floored by the people that talk the entire way through the concert. I felt like asking them if I should talk to the band director and get them to not play so loudly so as to not interrupt their conversation! I sincerely don’t understand why some people even come to a performance if they aren’t going to be a good audience member. It just really irks. But at least I had a full belly. Otherwise I may have had to say something.

Monday night Jo found a recipe for a dressing that she liked (the one from the Daniel Plan book is too lemony for her and Meg). I used some of it on my salad yesterday and the whole time I ate I kept thinking that it would be GREAT on some chicken. And I was right. On my way home I stopped by Publix to get some stuff I’d forgotten (3rd grocery trip this week, Kenny’s gonna FREAK!) and picked up some chicken cutlets. Meg made up some more of the dressing and sautéed the chicken. We steamed some asparagus and made some brown rice for the sides. Little Kenny gave it two thumbs up and Big Kenny finished it off so I’m guessing we can make this again! Unfortunately with it being so good, that meant that there was none for Jo, Meg and/or I to bring for lunch. Sad face.

This morning I had another strawberry/banana smoothie, but this time with no mishaps when I made it. I made sure the bottom of the blender jar was on nice and tight. I added some flax seed thinking to add some protein and some bulk and maybe I wouldn’t be too hungry by 9 am. I was wrong. I was still hungry and now had flax seeds stuck in my teeth. The DP allows for some snacks so I need to bring some almonds or carrots/celery with me to munch on between meals.

Lunch was leftover quinoa, raw spinach and some of the lemony dressing. I’m still hungry. Someone brought in orange creamsicle-scented soap for the ladies’ room so I’m walking around with my hands pressed to my nose. That’s not creepy at ALL!

I didn’t get much exercise except for walking around school yesterday. I purposefully didn’t “group” my errands or tasks to be close together and forced myself to go to a room and then go back to my office to update Helpdesk. Not very efficient, but it made me move so much more! I’ve only taken one EMS loop today. I did intend on doing one loop per hour but that hasn’t happened yet.

What we’ll eat tonight, I don’t know because I haven’t planned it yet. Guess I need to get on that. It’s a church night so I need to find something quick-cooking.

In the meantime, Kenny’s been taking the dogs out on their early morning run for me all week. It has been so nice. Next week I’m going to have to get up 20 minutes earlier just to get everything done plus take care of the dogs. And we lose an hour this weekend! Fabulous!

No comments: