Friday, March 28, 2014

Happy day!


What a difference a couple days can make. Or maybe it’s just that God’s working on my attitude. Nothing has changed…still battling weight and the Daniel Plan, still have inventory at work to figure out, still have tons to do with children’s ministry, still behind on all the housework…but today, it’s all good.

I’m reading “Kisses from Katie” again. She is a missionary in Uganda, Africa. She went on a 3-week trip to help out in an orphanage over Christmas Break of her high school senior year and fell in love with the people of Uganda. She took a year between high school and college to work as a kindergarten teacher in a mission in Uganda and ended up adopting 14 children and founding a mission of her own. You can read her blog here: http://katiedavis.amazima.org/ Maybe reading about how hard her life is, not to mention the lives of the Ugandan people, and they are able to find joy gave me the spiritual slap in the face that I needed. I highly recommend reading her blog and even more highly recommend reading the book as it dives more into her emotions and feelings as she made her life choices.

Lorie is doing much better. I heard from her yesterday and she was back to talking in her normal upbeat, hurried way. She’s sore from the retching and from her body being so tense during all that sick time but is definitely on the other side of the mountain. I am so grateful for everyone who covered her in prayer.

Today is a rainy Friday. I’m battling sleepiness. It was a battle getting up because it would have been so nice to just snuggle back into bed. If I’d known it was rainy at that point, I might have! It’s a bit ironic that it’s so rainy out (and supposed to rain through tomorrow) because we’re going to go see the movie “Noah” tonight! I find that amusing.

I also got a big kick out of my husband this morning. First, he’s still taking out the dogs for their morning walk. He looked at me and said, “What do you do when it’s raining?” My answer? “You hope they pee fast!” Not helpful, I know. But still… Anyhow, he also put on his knight in shining armor costume and helped to “slay the dragon.” Not really, but anyhow he knocked the dragon down a couple pegs. He’s such a good man. We’re about to celebrate our 23rd anniversary on Sunday. I am more and more astonished that he’s put up with me so long. I’m a pretty high maintenance kind of gal.

I really am blessed!

No comments: