Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Daniel Plan...day 4

Yummo...Meg made turkey burgers (not the ones from the recipe from the back of the DP book, just ground turkey pattied up and spiced up) last night. I was in heaven. The girls are taking the leftovers for lunch today. Course, now I have to come up with something equally fantastic for tonight that I can make quickly because the girls have their pre-LGPE concert at 7pm.

Today didn't start out so great. This week Big Kenny is taking out the dogs for me every morning, which has totally rocked my world! Seriously! It gives me about 20 extra minutes. Next week I guess I have to start waking up earlier. Blech! Anyhow, back to this morning. I woke up about 3 minutes before my alarm only to notice that I'd forgotten to my alarm on last night! Which is weird because I could have sworn I checked. Last night was weird, too, I woke up about 5 times last night...wish I knew why. Crap! I've gotten off track AGAIN. Back to TODAY! So I got up and showered/shaved/shined (except I didn't shave...it's winter!) and then went to the kitchen to pack my lunch (I really need to start doing that at night) and get my breakfast smoothie started.

I don't know how I lost time. I really don't. I packed my lunch and filled my water bottle and when I checked the time it was already 6:15. I totally lost 10 minutes someway. So I start moving a little faster. Today I wanted to make a smoothie with strawberries and bananas. I got the blender top (what do you call that? The bowl?) out of the dishwasher and plopped it in the base. I noticed it didn't sit quite properly...should really have taken a little time to explore that...but I went ahead and measured out the almond milk and added a scoop of protein powder. Then I went to the fridge to put the milk back and get the fruit out of the freezer. When I got back to the blender, it looked...well, not as full as I thought it should be. The recipe called for 10-12 oz of almond milk. Yesterday I made my breakfast smoothie with 12 oz and it was a bit too much so I used 10 oz today. I remember thinking to myself (embarrassing moment here), "wow, what a difference 2 oz makes." Luckily I decided to check things out before I added the fruit. Looking closer, I noticed that there was a bit of milk overflow coming from where the top part of the blender (gotta figure out what that part is called!) meets the base. It hit me that the reason the thing felt loose may be because the bottom where the blade is might be loose. My friend had this same thing happen to her. So I started giggling at the silliness of following in my friend's footsteps. Then I removed the top of the blender which had blocked my view of this:
Yep, suddenly not so funny anymore. Okay, in reality,  I did laugh. What can I say? I'm a bit of a moron. Anyhow I cleaned it up, tightened the bottom of blender jar (looked it up...also known as the pitcher or the container!) and set back to work. The smoothie was really nummy but kind of thick and I got an icy headache from trying to drink it too fast.

In other news, I only got one EMS loop done yesterday but did walk a lot more than I usually do in my job. Today it's cold out (37 degrees is cold to me) so I'm not sure how much walking I'll do. I'm a bit of a weinie with colder temperatures. However, if I'm being honest, and I should, I'm in an office by myself so I really could do some exercises in here as long as I don't jump around too much. Who am I kidding?! That ain't gonna happen!

Anyhow, I was excited to see that I've somehow dropped 4 pounds since Saturday. That's 4 pound in 4 days. Probably from the fact that since I'm eating so many more veggies and fruits than I normally do, that my elimination system is working better. It may be water weight that I'm losing, but since I've met my water goal every day, I'm not sure that's it. Keeping my fingers crossed that 1) it's not a fluke and 2) it keeps dropping!

I'm a 10th of the way done! And almost halfway through the Detox part. We are all looking forward to getting grains back!!!

No comments: