Friday, March 7, 2014

Daniel Plan...Day 7

Still the hardest thing for me with this is the lunches. I keep thinking I’m making enough to feed everyone and have leftovers for lunch, but the gentlemen in my life are watching their portion control, so there’s usually nothing left. You can only have romaine and turkey wraps so many times. So far, I’ve had them once. And that was enough.

Wait, I think actually the hardest part is having to shop all the time. I feel like all I do is plan to go to the store. I have to be better at menu planning, I’m thinking.

So the last time I blogged about DP (oooo…makes me miss my Dr. Pepper’s), it was Day 5 and I had no idea what to make for dinner. I fell back on my failsafe and made broiled chicken with brown rice and green beans.


Nummy, non-roasted,
non-salted trail mix.
But the cranberries
have sugar. :(
Yesterday, I made a banana, blueberry, and flax seed smoothie for breakfast. I found this awesome, super, fantastic trail mix that I thought was going to work out for snacking at work between meals.
But I was wrong. It is lovely, but I didn’t follow my own rules and read the ingredients. There’s cane sugar with the cranberries. I can eat it moderately once I’m off the detox part, but not now. So sad.

Any ways, lunch was natural peanut butter with carrot sticks and an apple. Kind went skimpy on that one. Dinner was nummy. It was rainy, cold, and windy yesterday afternoon. Nothing hits the spot when it’s rainy, cold, and windy like beef stew. The recipe from the DP book is for the crockpot so I just tweaked it for the stove. They call for red-skinned or purple potatoes. I found a bag of “celebration potatoes” that had red-skinned, white-skinned and purple potatoes. Those purple potatoes are purple all the way through. But when they are stewed, they lose the pretty purple and just kinda look rotten so I had to be sure to give a disclaimer as the family was scooping their portions.

Jo is enjoying the air-popped popcorn. Think she’d enjoy it more with a bit of butter. J Last night she asked me if I’d cheated on the Detox yet and, since I found out about the cane sugar TODAY, I said that I hadn’t and she changed the subject. Now that I know about the cane sugar, I’m a cheater. And so sad.

This morning I weighed myself and I am .2 lbs from being down 6 lbs so far. “.2 lbs” you say? Yep, I’ve got a scale that measure in .2 lbs increments so I take or leave them as the case may be. Big Kenny’s already dropped 5 lbs and he’s not even doing the Detox, he’s just trying to make better food choices.

Today’s breakfast was the Quinoa Breakfast Bake from the DP book's recipes. I had such high hopes because after making the quinoa, you add a couple eggs and some cinnamon and get to put some nut butter (I chose almond butter) on top. It wasn't very tasty. I thought being able to chew on something after all the mornings of glugging smoothies was going to make a big difference, but it didn't. The best part of the deal was the almond butter! Lunch is leftover chicken breast, spinach salad, balsamic dressing, and an apple. Tonight I’m making the “Chicken Walnut Pesto” from the DP book. I’m wracking my brain to find a different word than “pesto” cuz there ain’t no way my man is eating “pesto.” That’s a fact!

Still not doing so hot on the exercise front. I’ve only taken one lap here at school today. I’ve got to get myself together and get my rear in gear!! I’ve done it before, I need to do it again!

No comments: