Thursday, March 27, 2014

Daniel Plan...day 27

Okay, so the Bible study is ending up to be a bust because we are all so busy with it being ball season. We'd planned to meet on Sundays after lunch but the church keeps planning things to do and we have to spend SOME time with our families!

Kim, Barbie and I did the first lesson ourselves as Jo and Meg were doing the scavenger hunt. The next lesson we all did together. The next lesson, Kim and Barbie forgot all about it. This next week is when we'll be going to the Fly Over Jerusalem thingy at Fernbank so we won't meet then either. Meg and I sat down (finally) to go over the first lesson that she missed and then the next day we did the lesson 3. I'm thinking I'll just let Kim and Barbie borrow the DVD and check it out for themselves. I don't know.

ANYWHOOOOO, lesson 1 is on Faith, lesson 2 is on Food and lesson 3 is on Fitness. Fitness is my problem child. Yes, I really wanted to dump Johanna out the car door so I could go to town on her Zaxby's fries last night (obviously, the child Daniel Plan's according to a different drummer). Yes, I'm finding it difficult to not snack on my normal snacky foods. Yes, I am busy thinking of what I'm going to eat on April 10 (April 9th is the last day of our 40 day Daniel Plan adventure). However, I'm getting by. Fitness? Not so much.

I think what really gets me is that a couple years ago I'd "got" it. I don't feel like I ever craved exercise or ever really wanted to do it, but I'd gotten in the habit and gotten over the part where the excuses on why not to do it made more of an impression. So as soon as the DVD was over, I put on my walking shoes and popped in my gal, Leslie Sansone and did one mile with Walking Away the Pounds. Then I was reminded just how out of shape I was. Two years ago, I could do all 5 miles on the DVD. Now, I can barely get to a mile. BUT, it's a mile I wouldn't have done otherwise! I didn't exercise yesterday as I'd planned because I was able to talk myself out of it. But I'm not letting that set me back and I'm planning on doing the mile as soon as I get home.

Foodwise, nothing new to see. Still mostly doing smoothies or ezekial bread with almond butter or peanut butter for breakfast, sandwich or leftovers for lunch. I had a salad for dinner last night. The night before I made the Walnut Pesto Chicken (yum!) and the night before that I made spaghetti using whole wheat pasta and the sauce with turkey meat and tomato paste/olive oil/garlic/spaghetti water. Tonight I'm making a version of one of my co-worker's recipes. It's a wild rice soup. It is COLD in Georgia (nice winter we're having this spring, I tell ya!). I didn't have an onion and didn't have the 10 cups of chicken broth it called for, because apparently I can't read a recipe well when I make out my grocery list. I need to stop by the grocery for some bananas for our smoothies, the ezekial bread that isn't disgusting (I prefer the one in the blue wrapper and accidentally bought the original in the orange wrapper...yuck), and the ingredients for Jo's (well, Pampered Chef's) salsa so she can make some fresh salsa for me.

I finally saw some downward movement in the scale again. Not sure how long it will last but I'm going to take it. I started this adventure at 185.2 lbs and today my scale read 177.2 lbs so that's 8 lbs. Course I've been down this road before so I'm not holding my breath. It would be sweet to lose 10-15 lbs total while doing this. I know I can't go back to eating the way I was and I know I need to get on the exercise train before this is over. I've got less than 2 wks to get myself motivated. Lord? I need you! I can't do this one on my own!

No comments: