Wednesday, January 15, 2014

It's....going

Today was our first official check-in for our weight with my sisters on our SparkPeople Team. I’m up. I should be up. I don’t exercise and I’ve only managed to keep my calories within SP parameters once over this past weekend and couple of days. But I’m not beating myself up about it. I’m tracking my food and thinking about my food, doing something about what I’m putting in my mouth will come next. I lost over 20 lbs between January and April-ish in 2012. I know I can do it again. In the meantime, I’m working on my sleep issues (I don’t sleep well at night) by joining a 4-week better sleep challenge on SP. This week’s assignment was to track things for a sleep diary and I’ve done so every day so far!

But my weight isn’t the only thing I’m working on! I’m also taking college classes, I’m the official (no more interim) Children’s Director at church, and I’m trying to get my house organized.

The new semester started Monday. I’m taking three classes this semester. I’ve downloaded the syllabi for my classes, finished the assignment for one, emailed my professor about a question about her assignment and scheduled in my calendar when I’m working on the other courses assignment.

At church, I’ve studied the lesson I’ve got to teach tonight, found someone to mail the lessons to the little kids’ classes each month, have a Nursery Renovation Committee meeting scheduled for Sunday (and have started working on that agenda), contacted the youth minister about a group I want to start for my 4th and 5th graders that involved him and have contacted the leadership about an accountability program for me.

With the house I’ve made progress as I’ve decluttered the kitchen cabinets and drawers and made good headway on my office. I actually sat in my office and worked in there last night! I decluttered two of the bins in the office.

With tonight being a church night, my focus needs to be on my lesson tonight. I don’t want to lose my organizing/decluttering mojo though so I hope to declutter another bin before I sit down to study my lesson again.

So while things aren’t all peachy keen, they are…going. And that’s better than being stuck in a rut any day!

No comments: