Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Snow Day in Hotlanta

It might snow. I think there's, like, a 40% chance of it. So what's happening? The usual freak-out-ness of it all. Schools are letting out early (but after the half day mark so that we don't have to make it up) so essentially kids are coming to school for breakfast and lunch. Of course, the high school and middle schools will be released when the "storm" is supposed to be here. We'll see. However, I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. I got the message that we can leave when staff leaves...so I'm outta here. Fingers are crossed that tonight's staff meeting will be rescheduled, too.

So my last post was uber-whiney-riffic, if I do say so myself. And I do. I'm still tired but actually have gotten about 5 hours of sleep the last couple of nights. On Friday I hauled my cookies to the doctor and got the pain thingy looked at. Miss Graceful, here, somehow managed to tear the fibers that connect your ribs. I didn't even know you could do that. So I'm on prescription pain meds...one for day and one for night. The day stuff isn't my fav as I have to take Nexium before I take it so it doesn't tear my stomach a new one. So I get up and take my thyroid medicine, wait an hour, take the Nexium, wait an hour and THEN I can eat breakfast and take the pain med...which take about an hour + to kick in. It's 10 am and I've been up since 5:30 and they are just now kicking in, if that gives you an idea.

Anyhow, the exercise is on hold because of this fiber tearing thing (6 wks to heal...I'll give walking a try next week) and eating smartly is not happening. I guess since we've decided to do this Daniel Plan thing when the Bible study comes in (shipping on 2/3), we're kinda doing an eating free-for-all for the things we won't eat the 40 days we are on the plan.

Wow...two hours and I'll be heading home. There's dishes to do, chili to start (of course we are having chili to celebrate the chilly! But I gotta remember to stop and buy Fritos!), and classwork to try to do. Plus getting ready for TeamKID tomorrow. It's a packed week, I tell ya! Gotta get while the getting's good.

No comments: