Thursday, January 23, 2014

Sleep, where are you?

I. Am. Tired. I am also extremely uncomfortable. The dogs (actually, CHEWIE) has been so whiney in the crate the last couple of nights.

Last night was the worst. I don't think there was more than 30-45 min of time between whines. I traded out the pad in their crate the other day. I don't know if that's the issue or if he was fussing because yesterday he only got about an hour of people time (Wednesdays are the worst with our schedule but more about yesterday later). I'll change the pad back out and give him a lot of attention tonight and we'll see how it goes. I'd love to move their crate out of the room but am not sure where to put it. It used to be in the dining area, but then they'd bark when any one moved in the rest of the house. It was also hard to put them up when people were over since the dining area, kitchen and living room are basically one open area. I could put them in Ken's office, but 1) he wouldn't like it and 2) it's freakin' cold out there now. It was an add on after the house was built and it looks like the insulation isn't what it should be. I could also put them in Lorie's room, but that puts them beyond the gated area and back into the carpeted part of the house. Carpets+our dogs=not a good thing. I don't know...

So the other thing that is keeping me away is this pain in my left side. It started a couple weeks ago at bra strap level on my left side. I thought I'd pulled a muscle as it ached but would HURT if I coughed, sneezed, laughed. Then the next week it moved. So I don't think it's a pulled muscle anymore. People at church think it pleurisy. I finally called my doctor yesterday (I was hoping it would just go away so I didn't have to play with this new insurance we have...but it didn't) but the first appointment available isn't until tomorrow morning. Which stinks. I'd go on a search for a new doctor but I love my doctor, especially since her hubby is my gastroenterologist, but she only sees patients in the mornings now.

So, yesterday. I was busy all day at work doing stupid things, including but not limited to, tracking down the headphones from the 3 labs. The principal decided to be nice and supply nice headphone...30 for each room. Yesterday I went to inventory the computers in the lab and noticed that the wrong headphones were with the wrong computers so I put everything to rights. I found 7 headphones that had been broken and there are 11 missing. I can't believe I had to spend the kind of time I did figuring this out. The kids aren't allowed in the room without a teacher (they are kept locked) so where in the heck is the supervision? And why can't these kids figure out that there is no money to buy replacements?! I guess when everything is just handed to you instead of you having to work for something...you tend to get sense of entitlement and no sense of responsibility.

Anyhow, I had to stay at work 30 minutes late to finish up a project, go by the bank to make a deposit, drive to the other end of the county to pick up a copy of Jo's physical because the band director lost hers and then get to the high school by 5 to pick up Jo from lacrosse practice. I needed to get home pretty quick after getting Jo as the dogs went out early this morning and to spend some time with them before we headed to church and to get all the stuff for my lesson tonight from various spots around the house as I'd not done that yesterday. Jo comes out with a friend and asks if I can give her a ride home. Since we live about as far from the school as you can get without going out of the county, I said, sure since I figured we'd pass her house. Nope. This friend is part of the magnet program which allows kids from all over the county to attend and she lives about 15 minutes (without traffic) the opposite way from our house. I had to call Hubby to get the dogs out. We ended up getting home an hour after I'd anticipated. I had to go to the bathroom like no one's business. My side was hurting badly, BADLY, and there was no time to do anything.

I know, I'm whining again. I'm glad I could help the girl out but explained to Jo that asking for a ride shouldn't be done in front of the friend and absolutely can't be done on Wednesdays. Of course, if I have Meg pick up Jo it's a non-problem as Meg can't have non-family in her car until after Spring Break. :)

I know I said it before, but I'm going to have to say it again. I am tired. And my side hurts. And that's all I can focus on right now. Which stinks.

I gotta find a better attitude because this one isn't doing me any favors!

If you are looking for something to read that is less whiney, this is a good one:
http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/replacing-my-cravings/

I am also listening to Beth Moore devotions (http://www.lifeway.com/Product/devotions-from-the-beth-moore-library-audio-cd-volume-1-P005422170) in my car on my way to work. Today was the 3rd track and I guess I need to listen to it again as while I was moved when I was in the car. 3 trips to the front office in the cold (which makes my side ache worse) scooched all the goodness gleaned right outta my heart.

No comments: