Saturday, January 4, 2014

Shopping day

I really dislike shopping. Don't get me wrong. I like getting new things. I just don't like the physical act of having to walk around and find the stuff I want to buy. I don't get into the "hunt." If I could find it online, and be guaranteed that it would fit and look right, I would do all my shopping online. But my girls, they like to shop. I lucked out in that Meg's friend invited her to sleepover and shop with HER. Kenny3 declined the "joy" of shopping and big Kenny had to work today. All I was left with was Jo and Lorie. We had to start the day with Jo's piano lesson at 10:30, which meant I got to sleep in (go, me!). We dropped her off and then popped over to PetSmart to get food for the dogs since they are getting low. We made one stop for Lorie and then went to meet up with Jo. After we got through be-bopping through the stores in the strip mall we were at, I was done. Ready to go home, done. But not Jo. She was ready to S-H-O-P! So, being the amazing mom that I am, drove to the mall. Blech. I managed to buy myself a child's size t-shirt instead of an adult size one. Darn it. I could take it back, but I got it 50% off anyhow. It's not worth the gas money to drive back. 5 hours. Oh my. 5 hours of walking around stores. Not my cup of tea. And then after getting home, I went back to the PetSmart in Loganville to sign Chewie up for his training classes (which start next week) and a Walmart run to make sure we have supplies in case something whacky happens with this cold front that's coming in on Monday. Then I spend about an hour at the church getting ready for tomorrow.

Eating-wise, I didn't do so good.  No breakfast, a Subway Club sandwich meal for lunch, and spaghetti for dinner.

Organizing-wise, I didn't do a blasted thing today in the house.

Tomorrow I'm teaching Sunday school and during the Worship time for the 3yr-kindergarten class. Tomorrow is also when the church votes on whether or not to have me as their children's director (for the past 8 months I've been the interim children's director, tomorrow the church decides whether or not to drop the "interim" part). I'm having a hard time keeping my fingernails out of my house.

After church is a RCYS (Rockdale Christian Youth Softball) committee meeting so big Kenny is staying after for that, Kenny3 and Meg are going to get lunch and come home and deal with the dogs, Lorie, Jo, and I are going to see "Saving Mr. Banks."

I'm really worried about tomorrow. I know I shouldn't be. But I am.

No comments: